21st Century Education – A Paradigm Shifting Without a Clutch

So as I’ve posted before, I’m working on a graduate degree from an online university. Not having an especially good experience, but I’ve been hesitant to talk about it publicly before because I was an employee of the university. But that has changed, and I believe that it will be useful for me to journal about my experiences here for the benefit of the academic crowd generally, and for my own sanity specifically. More on this later. Right now, I want to provide links to some recent musings in the blogosphere about the use of Web 2.0 technologies in education:

http://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/technology_and_learning/good_enough

This article discusses “The Good Enough Revolution” in education technology – where institutions are discovering that ubiquitous nature of technologies is allowing them to focus on three key ideas around their IT purchases:

1. ease of use

2. continuous availability

3. low price

It’s the last one that is probably key, actually.

As someone who makes  her living repping technology products into schools, I’m seeing a lot of this. More on this later. I want to get back to you on my experiences with the online university program. Because it’s ALL RELATED.

Published inOnline Degree ProgramsSelling and the Education Market

Be First to Comment